- Professional networking and recognition at the local level
- Opportunities to contribute to the HR profession via chapter events and volunteering for committees
- HRCI credit for monthly presentations
- Annual workshops, new member orientation, and holiday party events
- Chapter website access
o Membership directory
o Weekly HR updates and related links, including information on recently passed legislation
o Job listings and resume posting
- Discounted membership at the Athens YMCA
- We encourage membership in the National Chapter as well. (Discounted membership dues for National Members)
o If you are not a National SHRM Member, take advantage of this special offer:
National SHRM Discount Card.pdf
SHRM Membership Application
- The benefits of the National membership are bountiful and I encourage you to access the SHRM website - SHRM.org and click on the Join/Renew tab at the top of the page to find out more.
- We have five levels of membership, Professional, General, Associate, Honorary, and Student
- Professional Members have the most strict requirements and must meet at least one of the following:
o Practitioners of human resource management with at least three years of experience at the exempt level
o Any individual holding certification by HRCI (PHR, SPHR, GPHR)
o Any faculty member with three or more years experience holding an associate assistant or full professional rank in Human Resource Management
o Full-time consultants with at least three years experience in counseling and advising clients on matters relating to the human resource profession.
o Individuals engaged in Human Resource Management at the exempt level, but who do not meet the requirements for Professional Membership qualify as General Members
o And Individuals in non-exempt human resource management positions as well as those who do not meet any of the foregoing categories, but have a bona fide interest in human resource management can join as associate members - however we have a cap on the number of associate members we can have at any one time. 10%
- Honorary Members:
o This membership is reserved for retirees with at least 5 years of experience and who have made significant contributions to the chapter.
- Student Membership
o Must be involved in a Student Chapter in the Athens Area.